About Your New Orthoses...
Congratulations on treating your feet the way they deserve to be treated!
Because our brains can only absorb so much information, here is a reminder of the basic care and use of your new orthoses:
- Even if they do feel great, do not wear them for more than 3 hours on the first day (standing and/or walking around time). You can progressively add 1-2 hours everyday until you reach an entire day.
- Wait until you can wear them for a full day (usually about 10 days) before you wear them on a run (or any other demanding sport).
- If you experience pressure points or soreness after a few days, give your feet a break for a day or two. If after that it hasn’t improved, contact your pedorthist (that would be us!). Remember that it usually takes about a month before they start feeling like slippers.
- If you have the ¾ model remember that you can trim the insole of your shoes the same way that was showed to you so that you are not stacking up arch supports. If yours are full length, ignore this J
- The material used for the construction of your orthoses does not pick up odours. Nevertheless, if they were to get wet, take them out of your shoes to allow for quicker drying. If they were to get dirty, you could hand wash them with a mild soap and let them air dry.
- Wear them all the time, as they literally are splints for your feet.
- Keep them away from dogs – they love to chew on them!
- It is a smart thing to have a check-up every year.
Thank you and enjoy! Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other information.